The word “Virasana” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Vira” meaning “hero” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
· Sit in vajrasana.
· Keep your knees together, slowly slide your feet apart keeping them hip width apart.
· Your toes pointing the wall behind and buttocks on the floor between your feet.
· Keep your spine straight, pull your shoulders slightly behind.
· Keep your palms on your thighs.
· Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
· Now get your palms beside your body, sit on your heels and relax in vajrasansa
· It helps in stretching thighs, knees, ankles and feet.
· It helps in relieving leg pains.
· It helps in improving digestion.
· It helps in curing flatulence and bloating.
· It helps in alleviating hypertension and asthma.
· Ankle injuries, Knee injuries, Osteoarthritis of knees.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert