The word “Virabhadrasana” is derived from a ‘Sanskrit word’ “Hero”, “Bhadra” meaning “friend” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- First get your feet together, hands by the side, step your right foot forward and transfer all your weight onto this leg.
- Breathe in, keep your arms over your head and interlace your fingers with your index finger pointing up.
- Breathing out, raise your left leg up to back direction, pivoting at the hips to bring down the arms and trunk down towards the ground.
- Keep your eyes down at the floor and gaze at a particular point for balancing.
- Connect through the left toes and the crown and fingers making one straight line.
- Now breathe and remain in the position for 2-6 breaths.
- Breathe in and slowly down your arms and leg back to the floor. And get back into standing with feet together and hands by the side. Rest for a while.
- And repeat this process with your opposite leg.
- This pose strengthens the following areas:
- It helps to stretch the following areas:
- It also helps to tone up slack stomach muscles and improve your posture and balance.
- High Blood Pressure
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT
For more details contact us on 9618906780