The word “viparita” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “inverted”; “shalaba” meaning “ locust” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Lie down on your chest with your legs together.
- Keep your hands stretched above your head.
- Inhaling lift your both legs and hands up to the ceiling keeping your knees straight, your chin on the mat.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Exhaling slowly drop your legs down and relax in makarasana.
- It helps in strengthening muscles of chest, shoulders, arms, legs, abdomen and lower back.
It helps in stretching the chest.
- It helps in improving blood circulation.
- It helps in massaging the spine.
- It helps in toning the abdomen and lower back.
- Abdominal injury, Knee injury, Headache, Hypertension and during Pregnancy should avoid this asana.
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.