The word “vakra” is derived from Sanskrit word meaning “twisted” or “crooked” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit with your spine straight, legs stretched out with knees straight with feet together and hands beside your body.
- Bend your right leg at knee and place your right foot beside your left knee.
- Now get your left hand over your right knee and hold your right ankle with your left palm.
- Keep your right hand behind as you twist to your right side and look at the wall behind keeping your chin closer to the right shoulder.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly release, and get your hands beside your body.
- Slowly stretch your right leg, make it straight and keep it beside your left leg.
- Repeat the same on the opposite side.
- It helps in improving the digestion by regulating the secretion of digestive juices.
- It helps in relieving constipation.
It helps in reducing abdominal fat.
- It helps in improving the flexibility of the spine.
- It helps in stretching the hip joints and legs.
Slipped disc, Ulcers, Spinal injury, Shoulder injury, Hip injury, during Pregnancy one should avoid this asana. .
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.