The word “Vajrasana” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Vajra” a weapon whose name meaning is “thunderbolt” or “diamond” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “Thunderbolt pose or Diamond pose” in English.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit on the mat with your back straight and legs in front.
- Bend your right knee, hold your right ankle with your right hand, and place it under the right hip.
- Bend the left knee, hold th ankle with left hand and place it under the left hip.
- Your hips placed on respective heels.
- Great toes of both feet should be crossed.
- Now keeping the back straight, chin parallel to the floor, shoulders pulled back, place your palms on the thighs.
- Stay in this pose as long as you are comfortable.
- You can sit in this posture and practice Pranayama also.
- It helps improve digestion.
- It helps in getting rid of constipation.
- It helps in calming the mind and helps in relaxation.
- It helps in improving circulation.
- It helps in toning hips, thighs and calf muscles.
- People suffering from severe knee pain.
- Anyone undergone surgery on the waist and legs.
- Last trimester of pregnancy.
DISCLAIMER: – PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.
For more details contact us on 9618906780