The word “Uttana Shishosana” is derived from Sanskrit word “Uttana” meaning “extended”, “Shisho” meaning “puppy” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “Extended Puppy pose” in English.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit on the mat, come in table top position, with your palms and knees on the mat. Wrist placed exactly below the shoulders and knees below the hip joint.
- Now slowly extend your arms and place the palms slightly ahead, such that you should be able to rest your chest on the mat.
- The thighs should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 min. Keep breathing while you hold the pose.
- It helps in stretching the spine and the shoulders.
- It helps in getting the spine in proper alignment.
- It helps in relieving the symptoms of chronic stress, insomnia, and anxiety.
- It helps in calming the mind, and strengthening the body.
- Injury in knees, hips, or shoulders are to be avoided.
DISCLAIMER: – PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.