The word “USTRASANA” is derived from a Sanskrit word “USTRA” meaning “camel”; and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “Camel Pose” in English.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit on the mat in vajrasana.
- Slowly come up on your knees (kneeling down position), being on knees your thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Place your both palms on the lower back such that the fingers are pointing downwards after placing the palms on lower back.
- Putting weight on the knee and palms, slowly start arching back.
- Stay there for few breaths and then stretch your arms behind, holding your heels, or placing palms on the soles of your feet.
- Stay here for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Then slowly, tightening your abdomen, release your arms, and come to kneeling down position. Then slowly sit on the heels, and drop your forehead on the mat with arms by the side of the body (shashankasana).
- It helps in stretching and lengthening the spine and back.
- It helps in improving digestion by improving the blood circulation in the visceral organs.
- It helps in stimulating endocrine glands.
- It helps eliminating constipation.
- It helps to keep the spine flexible and young.
- Back problems or slipped disc or any spinal conditions.
- Weak or injured neck muscles.
- High blood pressure
- Sciatica problems.
- Any pinching pain in the lower back.
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.