The word “Setubandhasana” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Setu” meaning “bridge; “Bandha” meaning “bound” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “Bridge Pose” in English.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Lie down on the mat in supine position.
- Place your feet together and arms by the side of the body.
- Now bend your legs at knee and place the soles of
- the feet on the mat, keeping the feet hip width apart, try holding your feet or ankles with respective hands.
- Now slowly as you inhale, start lifting your hips up towards the ceiling, pressing the body weight on your feet and upper back,
- knees pointing in front.
- As you start exhaling, slowly start dropping your hips and lower back on the floor.
- It helps strengthen legs, back neck and chest.
- It helps relax whole body, and calm the mind.
- It helps reduce stress, reduce anxiety.
- It is suggested for pregnant women.
- It helps improve digestion.
- It cures back pain and makes it more flexible.
- It helps cure insomnia.
- People suffering from severe knee pain or neck pain (cervical spondylitis).
- Anyone undergone surgery on the waist and legs.
- Last trimester of pregnancy.
– PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.