The word “” is derived from the Sanskrit word “ ” meaning “feather”, “ ” meaning “peacock” and “ ” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
· Lie down on your chest, get your legs together and your palms beside your chest.
· Come up on your palms and heels, lift your hips up keeping your legs straight and look down to your knees.
· Now place your forearms on the mat such that they are parallel to each other.
· Walk forward with your feet.
· Now take your right foot of the mat, bend your right knee and
· slowly lift your leg up towards the ceiling.
Lift your left leg also up towards the ceiling.
Your legs, back and neck should be in the same line and your head off the mat between your forearms.
· It helps in stretching muscles of legs, back, neck and abdomen.
· It helps in strengthening arms, back and shoulders.
· It helps in improving concentration.
· It helps to relieve stress and depression.
· Back injury, Shoulder injury, Neck injury, Headache, Hypertension, Cardiovascular diseases, menstruation.