The word “Parvatasna” is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning “parvat” meaning “mountain” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “Mountain Pose” in English.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Come up on your knees and palms, your palms shoulder width apart and knees hip width apart.
- Take a deep breath, exhaling lift your hips up.
- Keep your knees and elbows straight, toes pointing wall in front.
- Look towards your navel.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly come on your knees and palms and relax in shashankasana.
- It helps stretching and opening of the spine, shoulders, and hips.
- It helps in massaging visceral organs.
- It helps in lower back ache, neck pain and sciatica.
- It has therapeutic effect on Carper Tunnel Syndrome.
- It also improves digestion.
- High blood pressure.
- Carpel tunnel syndrome.
- Shoulder injury, ankle injury.
- Weak eye capillaries.
- During Menstruation.
- Acute neck pain.
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.