The word “Parighasana” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Parigha” meaning “the bar used for shutting a gate” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit in vajrasana with your hands beside your body.
- Now come up on your knees, stretch your right leg keeping your right knee straight and place it on the right side resting your foot on the floor.
- Hold your right ankle with your right hand, inhaling lift your left hand above your head while your exhaling bend on your right.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Inhaling lift your trunk up while your exhaling drop your hands beside your body.
- Now bend your right knee, sit on your heels and relax.
- It helps in toning abdominal organs.
- It helps in improving flexibility of the spine.
- It helps in relieving respiratory problems, such as asthma, allergies, and flu.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in toning the abdominal muscles.
- Severe knee pain, Low back pain, Shoulder pain, Knee injury, Shoulder injury, Back injury.
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.