The word “Padmasana” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Padma” meaning is “lotus” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “Lotus pose” in English.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit on the mat with your back straight and legs in front.
- Bend your right knee; place it on your left inner thigh closer to the groin.
- Now slowly bend your left leg and place the left foot on the right inner surface of right thigh.
- Now place your both hands in chin Mudra and place it on your knees/ thighs.
- Keep your eyes closed, back straight, chin parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this pose as long as you can.
- This posture can be practiced for Pranayama and Meditation.
- It helps in calming the brain.
- It helps in easing menstrual discomfort.
- It helps in relieving sciatic pain.
- It helps in increasing concentration.
- It helps in stretching in ankles and knees.
- Knee pain.
- Ankle pain.
- Severe pain in the calf muscles.
- Acute or Chronic back pain.
DISCLAIMER: – PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.
For more details contact us on 9618906780