The word “pada” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “foot”; “hasta” meaning “hand” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Stand straight with your feet together.
Inhaling lift your hands above the head.
- Exhaling bend forward try to touch your toes with your palms.
- Touch your head to your knees.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Inhaling lift your hands above your head exhaling drop your hands beside your body and relax.
- It helps in improving the balance.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in strengthening the buttocks, calves and the lower back.
- It helps in relieving stress and anxiety.
- It helps in improving the overall fitness.
- Hypertension, Heart problems, Spinal injuries
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.