The word “Mayurasana” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Mayur” meaning “peacock” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “asana”. It is commonly called “Peacock pose” in English.
STEPSTO BE FOLLOWED:
· Sit in vajrasana.
· Keep your palms on the mat such that the palms are facing towards your body.
· Now press your palms on the mat, bend your head forward and bend your elbows.
· Slowly lift your legs off the mat one after the other keeping them straight such that tey are parallel to the mat.
· Now lift your head up balancing the whole-body weight on your hands.
· Tighten your abdomen and look forward.
· Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8seconds).
· Now slowly drop your legs down, bend your knees, sit on your heels and relax.
· It helps in improving the digestion.
· It helps in controlling diabetes.
· It helps in toning reproductive system.
· It helps in improving sexual activity.
· It helps in strengthening spine, shoulders, elbows and wrist.
· Frozen shoulder, Injury to wrist, elbows and shoulders, Hernia, Hypertension, Heart related disorders, Brain tumor, Infections in eye, ear, nose, during menstruation and pregnancy one should avoid this asana.
DISCLAIMER: – PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.