The word “Marichyasa” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Marichi” meaning “a ray of light” dedicated to the sage Marichi, son of the Creator, Brahma, Marichi was the grandfather of Surya (the Sun God) and “Asana “meaning “posture” or “seat”.
· Sit with your spine straight and legs stretched Infront.
Keep your legs together, your knees straight and toes pointing up towards the ceiling.
· Now bend your right knee and get your right foot closer to your hips.
Cross your right hand Infront of your shin bone and get it behind.
Take your left hand from behind and hold your left wrist with your right hand.
· Now slowly bend forward and get your forehead to your left knee.
Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
· Now slowly lift your head up, release your hands , stretch your right leg and relax.
· Repeat it on the opposite side.
· It helps in calming the brain.
· It helps in improving digestion.
· It helps in stretching spine and shoulders.
· It helps in stimulating the abdominal organs.
· Asthma, Diarrhoea, Knee injuries, Frozen shoulder.