The word “Malasana” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Mala” meaning “garland” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Stand straight with your legs apart.
Now slowly bend your knees get your hips closer to your knees.
- Press your elbows to the inner thighs and join your palms infront of your chest.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now release your hands, straighten your knees and relax.
- It helps in stretching ankles, groin, back.
- It helps in improving the balance.
- It helps in toning the belly.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in strengthening the metabolism.
- Acute low back pain, Knee injury.
DISCLAIMER: – PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.