Ekpada Koundinyasana I
The word “Ekpada Koundinyasana”
is derived from Sanskrit word “Eka” meaning “one”, “Pada”
meaning “leg”, “Koundinya” is named after the Indian sage “Koundinya”
and “Asana” meaning “posture”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Come up in mountain pose.
- Now get your right leg forward such that the right foot is infront of the right palm, your right calf muscle infront of your right shoulder and right thigh behind your right arm.
- Now bend your elbows and lift your right foot off the mat.
- Get your shoulders closer to the mat and lift your left leg off the mat.
- Get your right leg on your right side and both your legs straight.
- Now slowly get your right leg forward, drop your both legs down on the mat, get your right leg back, bend your knees, sit on your heels and relax in shahankasana.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in strengthening the shoulders, arms and wrists.
- It helps in toning the core muscles.
- It helps in improving sense of balance and coordination.
- It helps in developing confidence.
- It helps in relieving stress.
Carpel-Tunnel Syndrome, Lower back injury, Wrist injury.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert