The word “ardha” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “half”; “chakra” meaning “wheel” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Stand straight with your feet together (for beginners keep your feet apart), hands by the side.
- As you inhale lift your right up above the head.
- As you exhale bend on the left pushing your hip outward on the right.
- Make sure your left arm is completely relaxed.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Inhaling slowly come to the centre, exhaling drop your hand down and relax.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in strengthening back muscles.
- It helps in relieving constipation.
- It helps in burning the belly fat.
- It helps in improving the flexibility of hip joints.
- It helps in controlling asthma and high blood pressure.
- Any recent spinal or abdominal surgery.
- Slip disc.
- Chronic spinal disorders.
- Abdominal inflammation.