The word “Ardha Chandrasana” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Ardha” meaning “half”, “Chandra” meaning “moon” and “Asana” meaning “posture”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Stand straight with your legs together and hands beside your body.
- Keep your legs wide apart (3-4feet), bend your left knee and place your left palm on the mat (6-8 inches ahead of your left feet).
- Your chest should be facing the wall infront and your right hand on your hip.
- Now slowly lift your right leg off the mat straightening your left knee.
- Right leg should be parallel to the mat.
- Now lift your right hand up keeping your elbow straight.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Place your right hand on your hip, drop your right leg down, come up to the center and relax.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in strengthening spine, buttocks, abdomen, thighs and ankles.
- It helps in stretches the groins, hamstrings and calves, shoulders, chest, and spine.
- It helps in improving coordination and sense of balance.
- It helps in relieving stress.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- Headache, Migrane, Low back pain, Insomnia, Diarrhoea.
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT