The word “Ardha Bhekasana” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Ardha” meaning “half”, “Bheka” meaning “frog”and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “Half Frog Pose” in English.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Please low down on your chest (prone line).
- Now get your feet together, and arms by the side of the body.
- Bend your left leg and hold the left foot with your left hand, getting the left heel close to the left buttock, as much as possible.
- Keeping your right forearm on the mat, lift your chest up and look forward keeping your shoulders pulled back.
- Hold this posture as long as 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat the same from the opposite side.
- It helps in stretching the hamstrings (front of the the thighs).
- It helps in increasing the ankle mobility.
- It helps in reducing back pain.
- It is very useful in stimulating reproductive organs, abdominal organs, also thyroid glands.
- It improves digestion.
- It prepares body for other back bending asanas.
- Regular practice of this asana helps in reducing the knee injuries as it stretches muscles around the knees.
- Recent injury to neck, shoulders, hip joints, knee joints.
- People with arthritis in the knees and ankles should be avoided.
DISCLAIMER: – PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.