The word “Adho Mukha Svanasana” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Adho” meaning “downward”; “Mukha” meaning “facing”; “Svana” meaning “dog” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Come up on your knees and palms, your palms shoulder width apart and knees hip width apart.
- Take a deep breath, exhaling lift your hips up.
- Keep your knees and elbows straight, toes pointing wall infront.
- Look towards your navel.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly come on your knees and palms and relax in shashankasana.
- It helps in rejuvenating and energizing the body.
- It helps in increasing the lung capacity.
- It helps in stretching the spine.
- It helps in strengthening the shoulders, arms, legs and feet.
- It helps in increasing the circulation to brain.
- High blood pressure, Carpel tunnel syndrome, Shoulder injury, Weak eye capillaries, Diarrhoea
DISCLAIMER:- PLEASE PRACTICE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOGA TEACHER/ YOGA EXPERT.