Source: Getty images/iStockphoto
The word “Supta Padangusthasana” is derived from a Sanskrit word “Supta” meaning “reclining”, “Pada” meaning “leg”, “Angustha” meaning “big toe” and “Asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Lie down on your back with your legs together and hands beside your body.
- Now lift your right leg straight at 90 degrees.
- Hold your right toe with your right hand, your left hand is beside your body, palm facing the mat.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly release your right hand, drop your right leg down and relax in shavasana.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in stretching calves, hamstrings and inner thighs.
- It helps in alleviating lower back pain.
- It helps in relieving arthritis in knees and hips.
- It helps in aligning the pelvis.
Hamstring tear, cervical spondylosis, severe back pain, diarrhoea, pregnancy, menstruation.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert